亲子阅读📖《The Smartest Giant in town》城里最漂亮的巨人

适读年龄:6-9岁

这也是一个改写的民间故事,城里最漂亮的巨人,是如何从一个邋遢巨人,拥有了一身从上到下的好衣装,却有一路分享给更需要的人。

作者:Julia Donaldson 绘本:Axel Scheffler


George was a giant, the scruffiest in town.

George是镇上最邋遢的巨人。


He always wore the same pair of old brown sandals and the same old  patched-up gown.

他总是穿着一双灰色的凉鞋,一件破旧的长袍。


"I wish I wasn't the scruffiest giant in town." he said sadly.

“我希望我不再是镇子上最邋遢的巨人了。”他悲伤地说。

But one day, George noticed a new shop.

忽然有一天,George在镇子上发现一个新的商店。


It was full of smart clothes.

商店全部都是整洁漂亮的衣服。


So he bought...

所以他就买了......


A smart shirt, a smart pair of trousers,

一件漂亮的上衣,一条干净的裤子,


a smart belt,  a smart stripy tie,

一条新皮带,一个有颜色条纹的领带,


some smart socks with diamonds up the sides,

一双侧边带有钻石新袜子,


and a pair of smart shiny shoes.

一双闪闪发光的鞋子。


"Now I'm smartest giant in town." he said proudly.

“现在我就是镇子上穿着最整洁的人了! ”他自豪地说。

George left his old clothes behind in the shop.

George把他的旧衣服留在了商店。


He was about to go home when he heard a sound.

他正准备回家的时候突然听到了什么声音。


On the pavement stood a giraffe who was sniffing sadly.

一个长颈鹿正在人行道上悲伤地啜泣。


"What’s the matter? "asked George.

“怎么了?”George问到。


"It's my neck."said the giraffe.

“是我的脖子。”长颈鹿说。


"It's so very long and so very cold. I wish I had a long, warm scarf!"

“它又长又冷,我希望有一条又长又暖和的围巾。”

"Cheer up!" said George, and he took off his stripy tie.

“别灰心”,George说着便解下了他的条纹领带。


"It didn't match my socks anyway." he said,

“我觉得它和我的袜子一点也不配”他说,


as he wound it round and round the giraffe's neck.

他把自己的领带一圈圈绕到了长颈鹿的脖子上。


It made a wonderful scarf.

这真的是一个超级棒的围巾。


"Thank you!" said the giraffe.

长颈鹿表示十分感谢!


As George strode towards home, he sang to himself.

George大踏步走着唱起了歌。


"My tie is a scarf for a cold giraffe,

“我把领带给了怕冷的长颈鹿,


But look me up and down.

但是你打量一下。


I'm the smartest giant in town."

我依旧是镇子上最靓丽的人。”

George came to a river.

George走到了河边。


On a boat stood a goat who was bleating loudly.

山羊正在船上大声的抱怨。


"What's the matter?" asked George.

“发生了什么?”George问到。


"It's my sail." said the goat.

山羊说:“是我的帆。”


"It blew away in a storm.

“在一阵暴风雨中我的帆被吹走了。


I wish I had a strong new sail for my boat!"

我希望我有一个新的帆。”

"Cheer up!" said George, and he took off his new white shirt.

“别灰心!”George说着脱下了自己新的白色衬衣。


"It kept coming untucked anyway." he said.

“实际上这个衬衣老是开。”他说。


As he tied it to the mast of the goat's boat.

然后他把衬衣绑到了山羊的桅杆上。


It made a magnificent sail.

真是一个非常合适的帆。


"Thank you." said the goat.

“太感谢了。”山羊说。


George strode on, singing to himself.

George向前大踏步地走着。


"My tie is a scarf for a old giraffe,

“我的领带给了怕冷的长颈鹿,


My shirt's on a boat as a sail for a goat,

我的衬衣给山羊的船当作了帆,


But look me up and down.

但是你打量一下。


I'm the smartest giant in town."

我依旧是镇子上最靓丽的人。”

George came to a tiny ruined house.

George来到一个废弃的小房子。


Beside the house stood a white mouse with lots of baby mice.

在旁边站着一只白色的大老鼠和许多的小老鼠。


They were all squeaking.

它们都在吱吱地叫着。


"What's the matter?" asked George.

“发生了什么?”George问道。


"It's our house." squeaked the mother mouse.

“是我们的房子。”鼠妈妈悲伤的叫着。


"It burned down, and now we have nowhere to live.

“它烧毁了,现在我们无家可归了。


I wish we had a new nice house!"

我希望我们可以找到一个又好又新的房子!”

"Cheer up!" said George, and he took off one of his shiny shoes.

“振作起来!”George鼓励他们并脱下了自己的闪闪发光的鞋子。


"It was giving me blisters anyway." he said,

他说:“这双鞋磨的我都起水泡了。”


as the mouse and her babies scrambled inside.

鼠妈妈和鼠宝宝们搬进他们的新房子。


The shoe made a perfect house for them.

这个鞋子是一个完美的房子。


"Thank you!" they squeaked.

“太感谢了!”鼠妈妈和宝宝感谢到。


George had to hop along the road now, but he didn't mind.

George必须要跳着前行,但是他不介意。


As he hopped, he sang to himself.

他一边跳一边唱。


"My tie is a scarf for a old giraffe,

“我的领带给了怕冷的长颈鹿,


My shirt's on a boat as a sail for a goat,

我的衬衣给山羊的船当作了帆,


My shoe is a house for a little white mouse,

我的鞋子给小老鼠们安了家,


But look me up and down. I'm the smartest giant in town."

但是你打量一下,我依旧是镇子上最靓丽的人。”

George came to a campsite.

George来到营地前。


Beside a tent stood a fox who was crying.

帐篷旁边一只狐狸正在哭。


"What's the matter?" asked George.

“怎么了?”他问到。


"It's my sleeping bag." said the fox.

狐狸说:“是我的睡袋。”


"I dropped it in a puddle.

“我把它掉在泥坑里了。


I wish I had a warm, dry sleeping bag!"

我希望我有一个又干又温暖的睡袋!”

"Cheer up!" said George, and he took off one of his socks with diamonds up the sides.

“振作起来!”George说到,脱下了自己一只侧边带有钻石新袜子。


"It was tickling my toes anyway." he said,

“它一直让我的脚趾很痒”,他说到,


as the fox snuggled into it.

狐狸钻进去。


It made a very fine sleeping bag.

这真是一个不错的睡袋。


"Thank you!" said the fox.

“非常感谢。”狐狸说。


George hopped on, singing to himself,

George跳着前行,唱到


"My tie is a scarf for a old giraffe,

“我的领带给了怕冷的长颈鹿,


My shirt's on a boat as a sail for a goat,

我的衬衣给山羊的船当作了帆,


My shoe is a house for a little white mouse,

我的鞋子给小老鼠们安了家,


One of my socks is a bed for a fox,

一只袜子给狐狸做了床,


But look me up and down.

但是你打量一下。


I'm the smartest giant in town."

我依旧是镇子上最靓丽的人。”

George came to a big squelchy bog.

George来到了一片沼泽前。


Beside the bog stood a dog who was howling.

沼泽旁站着一直哭嚎的小狗。


"What's the matter?" asked George.

“发生了什么?”他问到。


"It's this bog." said the dog.

“是沼泽。”小狗说到。


"I need to get across, but I keep getting stuck in the mud.

“我想要过去,但是我陷在泥潭里了。


I wish there was a safe, dry path."

我希望有一个安全,干的道路。”

"Cheer up!" said George, and he took off his smart new belt.

“别灰心!”George脱下他的新皮带并说。


"It was squashing my tummy anyway." he said,

“它一直压着我的肚子。”他说,


as he laid it down over the bog.

他把皮带放到了沼泽上。


It made an excellent path.

真是一条不错的通道。


"Thank you!" said the dog.

“非常感谢!”小狗说到。


The wind started to blow, but George didn't mind.

开始起风了,但是George丝毫不介意。


He hopped on, singing to himself,

他继续跳着,唱到,


"My tie is a scarf for a old giraffe,

“我的领带给了怕冷的长颈鹿,


My shirt's on a boat as a sail for a goat,

我的衬衣给山羊的船当作了帆,


My shoe is a house for a little white mouse,

我的鞋子给小老鼠们安了家,


One of my socks is a bed for a fox,

一只袜子给狐狸做了床,


My belt helped a dog who was crossing a bog,

我的皮带帮助小狗穿过了沼泽,


But ...

但是......

"My trousers are falling down!

“啊,我的裤子掉了!


I'm the coldest giant in town!"

现在我是镇子上最冷的巨人了!”


Suddenly George felt sad and shivery and not all smart.

忽然,George感到很难过,冻得直发抖,也不再靓丽了。


He stood on one foot and thought.

他一只脚站着并陷入了思考。


"I'll have to go back to the shop and buy some more clothes." he decided.

“我觉得我该回到商店去再买一些衣服。”他说。


He turned round and hopped all the way back to the shop.

他转身并且沿路跳回了商店。

But when he got there, it was CLOSED!

但是当他回去的时候,店已经关门了!


"Oh, no!" cried George.

"Oh, no!" George哭了起来。


He sank down onto the doorstep and a tear ran down his nose.

他蹲在了门前,眼泪顺着他的鼻子掉了下来。


He felt as sad as all the animals he had met on his way home.

他感觉自己与在回家路上遇到的那些动物一样悲伤。


Then, out of the corner of his eye, he saw a bag with something familiar poking out of the top.

然后,他眼角的余光看到一个袋子,上面一些东西看起来非常熟悉。


George took a closer look...

他走近一看......


"My gown!" he yelled.

“是我的长袍!”他惊呼到。


"My dear old gown and sandals!" George put them on.

“我最爱的长袍和凉鞋!”George穿上了他们。


They felt wonderfully comfortable.

他感觉无比舒适。


"I'm the cosiest giant town!" he cried, and he danced back home along the road.

“我现在是镇子上最舒服的巨人。”他开心地蹦蹦跳跳地回家了。

Outside his front door stood all the animals he had helped.

George回到家,门口站着他曾经帮助过的动物。


They were carrying an enormous present.

它们拿着一个巨大的礼物。


"Come on, George." They said. "Open it!"

“来啊,打开它,George!”它们说到。


George untied the ribbon. Inside was a beautiful gold paper crown and a card.

George解开带子,里边是一个非常漂亮的金色皇冠和一个贺卡。


"Look inside the card, George!" said the animals.

“看看那个贺卡,George!”动物们说到。


George put the crown on his head and opened the card.

George戴上皇冠,打开贺卡。


Your tie is a scarf for a cold giraffe,

你的领带成了寒冷的长颈鹿的围脖,


your shirt's on a boat as a sail for a goat,

你的T-恤成了山羊的船的帆,


your shoe is a house for a little white mouse,

你的鞋子成了小白鼠们的家,


one of your socks is a bed for a fox,

一只袜子成了狐狸的睡袋,


your belt helped a dog, who was crossing a dog,

你的腰带帮助了要过沼泽的小狗,


so here is a very fine crown, to go with the sandals and gown of the KINDEST giant in town.

所以这是一个非常漂亮的皇冠,把它送给穿着拖鞋和长袍并且是镇子上最暖心的巨人。



• END •

©著作权归作者所有,转载或内容合作请联系作者
  • 序言:七十年代末,一起剥皮案震惊了整个滨河市,随后出现的几起案子,更是在滨河造成了极大的恐慌,老刑警刘岩,带你破解...
    沈念sama阅读 159,716评论 4 364
  • 序言:滨河连续发生了三起死亡事件,死亡现场离奇诡异,居然都是意外死亡,警方通过查阅死者的电脑和手机,发现死者居然都...
    沈念sama阅读 67,558评论 1 294
  • 文/潘晓璐 我一进店门,熙熙楼的掌柜王于贵愁眉苦脸地迎上来,“玉大人,你说我怎么就摊上这事。” “怎么了?”我有些...
    开封第一讲书人阅读 109,431评论 0 244
  • 文/不坏的土叔 我叫张陵,是天一观的道长。 经常有香客问我,道长,这世上最难降的妖魔是什么? 我笑而不...
    开封第一讲书人阅读 44,127评论 0 209
  • 正文 为了忘掉前任,我火速办了婚礼,结果婚礼上,老公的妹妹穿的比我还像新娘。我一直安慰自己,他们只是感情好,可当我...
    茶点故事阅读 52,511评论 3 287
  • 文/花漫 我一把揭开白布。 她就那样静静地躺着,像睡着了一般。 火红的嫁衣衬着肌肤如雪。 梳的纹丝不乱的头发上,一...
    开封第一讲书人阅读 40,692评论 1 222
  • 那天,我揣着相机与录音,去河边找鬼。 笑死,一个胖子当着我的面吹牛,可吹牛的内容都是我干的。 我是一名探鬼主播,决...
    沈念sama阅读 31,915评论 2 313
  • 文/苍兰香墨 我猛地睁开眼,长吁一口气:“原来是场噩梦啊……” “哼!你这毒妇竟也来了?” 一声冷哼从身侧响起,我...
    开封第一讲书人阅读 30,664评论 0 202
  • 序言:老挝万荣一对情侣失踪,失踪者是张志新(化名)和其女友刘颖,没想到半个月后,有当地人在树林里发现了一具尸体,经...
    沈念sama阅读 34,412评论 1 246
  • 正文 独居荒郊野岭守林人离奇死亡,尸身上长有42处带血的脓包…… 初始之章·张勋 以下内容为张勋视角 年9月15日...
    茶点故事阅读 30,616评论 2 245
  • 正文 我和宋清朗相恋三年,在试婚纱的时候发现自己被绿了。 大学时的朋友给我发了我未婚夫和他白月光在一起吃饭的照片。...
    茶点故事阅读 32,105评论 1 260
  • 序言:一个原本活蹦乱跳的男人离奇死亡,死状恐怖,灵堂内的尸体忽然破棺而出,到底是诈尸还是另有隐情,我是刑警宁泽,带...
    沈念sama阅读 28,424评论 2 254
  • 正文 年R本政府宣布,位于F岛的核电站,受9级特大地震影响,放射性物质发生泄漏。R本人自食恶果不足惜,却给世界环境...
    茶点故事阅读 33,098评论 3 238
  • 文/蒙蒙 一、第九天 我趴在偏房一处隐蔽的房顶上张望。 院中可真热闹,春花似锦、人声如沸。这庄子的主人今日做“春日...
    开封第一讲书人阅读 26,096评论 0 8
  • 文/苍兰香墨 我抬头看了看天上的太阳。三九已至,却和暖如春,着一层夹袄步出监牢的瞬间,已是汗流浃背。 一阵脚步声响...
    开封第一讲书人阅读 26,869评论 0 197
  • 我被黑心中介骗来泰国打工, 没想到刚下飞机就差点儿被人妖公主榨干…… 1. 我叫王不留,地道东北人。 一个月前我还...
    沈念sama阅读 35,748评论 2 276
  • 正文 我出身青楼,却偏偏与公主长得像,于是被迫代替她去往敌国和亲。 传闻我的和亲对象是个残疾皇子,可洞房花烛夜当晚...
    茶点故事阅读 35,641评论 2 271

推荐阅读更多精彩内容