Week 1 Journey
Language learning is a new journey in my life. And I started that journey in 1.22:)
I had planned to take a Japanese course this year so that I can apply for PM position in abroad 2-3 years later and Japanese is easy, but I changed that plan in 1.22. It was the last work day before Spring Festival holiday, I hung out in cafes with my friends and told her my plan, inviting she to learn together. But she asked me: Why not French? So, I could not help asking myself: Why Japanese and why not French? I struggled a bit and made the decision.
What I Have Achieved in Week 1
I started my French learning via:
- Hujiang Paid Class
- Hujiang Vocabulary
I don't know if the followed tools are the best tools for me to start, for they are the reliable companions in my English learning.
And what I have achieved in week 1:
- Hujiang Paid Class: L1 - L10
- Hujiang Vocabulary: Passed the P6
- Duolingo: Passed the Basic1 & Basic2 & Phrases & Animals Skills, gained 229xp
In short, I think that is a good start! And if I can shorten my pronunciation period, that is perfect!
Effective Methods I summarized
- The experience I learned in English Learning is useful, such as how to deal with pronunciation.
- Before start learning, learn about learning is necessary, such as understand the language learning journey and method: It takes 600+ hours of study & practice to reach fluency in French.
- Companion and peers pressure is effective.
- Use the PM skill in learning progress management, such as plan and measure process.
- Attempt to "produce" in French, not just comprehend it.
- Use atimelogger to track the time.