Modern Family S1

S1E06

We do strange things for the people we love.
我们有时会对我们爱的人做些像是在伤害他们的事情。
we lie to them, we lie for them.
我们向他们撒谎,我们为他们撒谎。
There may be some bumps along the way,
有时这些善意的谎言甚至会把事情搞得一团糟,
but we never stop wanting the best for them.
但我们从未停止为他们好。
That's what makes it such a tough job.
这是一件非常困难的事情。
Kind of the best job in the world.
可这又是一件世界上最好的事情。

S1E07

We tell our kids it doesn't matter if you win or lose,
我们会告诉自己的孩子,输赢无所谓。
but let's be honest, winning feels pretty great.
但是讲真,胜利的感觉真的很爽——
There's nothing like that golden moment in the sun.
仿佛在明媚的阳光下,一切都变得那么灿烂辉煌。
I think every parent probably wants that for their child.
我想任何一位家长都会想让他的孩子感受那种胜利的喜悦。
And maybe a little bit for ourselves too.
这样,好歹自己也能够沾点喜气。
Sometimes we push too hard.
但是有时,我们会把孩子逼得太紧,
And that leads to a lot of resentment and guilt.
留下许多怨念与悔恨。
So how much is too much?
那么,如何把握这中间的度呢?
Here's where I come out.
我是这么认为的,
Guilt fades, hardware is forever.
悔恨总会过去,奖杯才是永恒。

S1E08

I know this, much is true.
我知道,爱很真实。

S1E13

Can people change? I don't know.
人会变吗?我不知道。
People are who they are, give or take, yeah, 15%.
人大抵是本性难移的,就算能变,最多也就15%吧。
That's how much people can change if they really want to.
但那也得在他们非常想改变的前提条件下。
Whether its for themselves or for the people they love.
不管是为了他们自己,还是为了他们爱的人。
Yeah, 15%.
嗯,最多也就15%,不可能再多了。
But you know what? Sometimes that's just enough.
但那真的也已经足够了。

S1E16

Everybody's afraid of something, right?
每个人都有害怕的东西,不是么?
Heights, clowns, tight spaces.
比如说高,小丑,还有狭小的空间。(都是Jay害怕的东西:))
Those are things you get over.
这些都是可以克服的。(然而并没有,:))
But then there's our children.
但是,别忘了每个人都会为了自己的孩子而担惊受怕。
Will they fit in?
他们是否合群?
Will they be safe?
他们是否安全?
Those are fears you never get past.
这些“害怕”是永远都克服不了的。
So sometimes all you can do is
所以,有时候你能做的事情,只能是
take a deep breath, pull them close
深呼吸,将他们抱紧,
and hope for the best.
然后为他们祝福。
I mean, things don't always work out.
我是说,凡事总有不顺。
But, you gotta love it when they do.
但是事情也总会有好转,峰回路转的感觉,真好。

S1E24

Back in '68, when I was sweeping up hair in that barbershop,
68年我在理发店扫头发的时候
I had this mental picture of the family that, if I was lucky enough,
我曾幻想过我将拥有的家庭,当然在我足够幸运的情况下,
one day I would end up with perfect wife, perfect kids.
有一天我将会坐拥完美的妻子,完美的孩子。
Guess what, I didn't get any of that.
结果呢,我没那好运。
Wound up with this sorry bunch.
最后捞到这么一群二货。
And I'm thankful for that every day.
可我每天都对此充满感激。

忙里偷闲的趁着外卖时间(与非外卖时间 && 工作时间),强行顶着各种报告和作业,又一次看完了《摩登家庭》的第一季。

嗯,我决定决不继续看下去了!!决不!!

——这种剧,怎么能够一个人独自享用呢?So beautiful!!!

推荐阅读更多精彩内容