Something is true according to a particular person, book, or other source of information 表明此信息来源于某人、某本书或其他渠道。
- According to Cooke, the amount of pesticides used by farmers could be reduced 1,000 times.
- According to a recent American study, there has been no increase in the incidence of severe mental illness over the last 100 years.
Something is done According to a particular set of principles 遵循一系列原则做某事。
- Computers are created by humans according to sets of rules.
- You should care for your car and have it serviced according to the manufacturer's instructions.
To vary according to a changing or variable factor 某事物受某一变化中的因素或可变因素影响而变化。
- Timber yields vary according to the type of tree and the location and soil quality.
To go according to plan or according to schedule 某事按原先的意图或计划发生或取得进展。
- But things do not always proceed according to plan.
- Everything went according to schedule.