2019-02-18

There’s no point in doing sth. 做某事没有意义

❖ There is no point in locking the barn door now that the horse has been stolen. 既然马都丢了,现在锁上马厩的门也没什么意义。

❖ There’s no point in crying over spilled milk.为打翻的牛奶哭泣毫无意义。

Meaning n. 含义

❖ Words often have several meanings.词一般都会有好几种含义。

❖ The meaning of his gesture was clear.他手势的含义很清楚。

Be meant to do sth 应该要是,被期望是

❖ I can't say any more, it's meant to be a big secret.我不能再多说了,这应该得是个秘密来着。

❖ Fairy tales weren't just meant for children.童话故事不应该只是给小孩看的。

Beside the point 离题的,不相关的

❖ Your weekend plans are beside the point—let’s get back to the topic at hand.你周末的计划离题了。我们先说手边这个事吧。

To the point 切中要点的,切题的

❖ The speech was short and to the point.演讲简洁而又切题。

Floating on air 非常开心(在空气里漂浮)

❖ I won the lottery!I am floating on air now!我中彩票啦!我太开心了!

Be on cloud nine 异常兴奋

❖ Ever since Mary got her promotion at work, she's been on cloud nine. I don't think I've ever seen her happier!自从Mary升职之后,Mary就开心的要死。我从没见过她这么开心。

Be over the moon开心死了

❖ I've been over the moon ever since I got engaged—I just can't stop looking at my ring!自从我订婚后我就一直开心得要死。不停地看我的婚戒。

Thrilled adj.很开心的

❖ She’s got a new boyfriend! She’s so thrilled.她找了个新男朋友。开心死了。

Delighted adj. 很开心的

❖ Pat was delighted with her new house.Pat买了新房子,很开心!

Ecstatic /ɪkˈstætɪk/ adj. 欣喜若狂的

❖ His wife gave birth to their first child, and he was ecstatic about it.他老婆给他生了第一个孩子,他欣喜若狂。

Just my luck!真倒霉!

❖ They sold the last ticket five minutes before I got there - just my luck!在我到那的5分钟前他们卖掉了最后一张票——真倒霉!

Beginner's luck新手的好运气

❖ When I won the first contest I entered, he put it down to beginner's luck.我第一次参加比赛就获胜了,而他竟认为这是新手的好运气。

As luck would have it碰巧,幸好

❖ We ran out of gas on the way home, but as luck would have it, we were very near a gas station.我们在回家的路上汽油用光了,幸好当时离加油站不远。

Your luck's in!你要走桃花运了!

❖ He's been looking at you all evening - I think your luck's in, Cath.他一晚上都在看你——我觉得你要走桃花运了,凯思。

Pot luck碰巧得到的东西

❖ We had no idea which hotel would be best, so we just took pot luck with the first one on the list.我们也不知道哪家旅馆最好,所以就碰运气挑了名单上的第一家。

推荐阅读更多精彩内容

  • The Inner Game of Tennis W Timothy Gallwey Jonathan Cape ...
    网事_79a3阅读 6,317评论 2 13
  • 点击文章标题即可阅读文章 1、听说种菜界最帅的农民直接把有机餐厅开在了农场里 2、下乡资本跑马圈地烂尾频出,规范土...
    青春实验室阅读 105评论 0 0
  • 缘聚首,缘消散,恍惚间,陌路看,痴情难 烟火现,夜空灿,独一人,仰望天,是斓柑 夜昼转,黎明寒,一丝光,驱黑暗,人...
    落子秋阅读 250评论 3 7
  • 菩萨现身 须知菩萨无心,以众生之心为心。菩萨无境,以众生之境为境。故得有感即通,不谋而应。良由众生心之本体,与菩萨...
    淡定之絕塵西歸阅读 96评论 0 0
  • 小学二年级的圣诞节,舅妈送了我和表哥、表弟、表妹毎人各一只同样的小狗玩偶,那时的我们都好喜欢,最好天天都能...
    悦艺阅读 222评论 0 0