1. curry favour讨好，奉承，拍马屁（curry是咖喱）
He's always trying to curry favour with the boss.
2. be in apple-pie order井然有序；整齐；井井有条（apple-pie是苹果派）
Their house is always in apple-pie order.
3. jam tomorrow许而不予的好东西，可望不可及的东西（jam是果酱）
As children we were always being promised jam tomorrow, if only we would bepatient.
4. (as) cool as a cucumber镇静，冷静，泰然自若（cucumber是黄瓜）
She walked in as cool as a cucumber, as if nothing had happened.
5. be like chalk and cheese截然不同；迥异（chalk是粉笔，cheese是奶酪）
My brother and I are like chalk and cheese.
6. like two peas in a pod（尤指外观）非常相像（pea是豌豆）
The twins are like two peas in a pod.
7. bean counter（尤指大公司的）会计师（bean是豆类）
It looked like the project was going to be approved, but the bean counters saidit wasn't cost-effective.
8. bring home the bacon养家糊口（bacon是培根）
I can't sit around all day - someone's got to bring home the bacon.
9. chew the cud深思，反复思考（cud是咀嚼物）
He sat for a moment chewing the cud before he spoke.
10. eat crow / eat humble pie认错；道歉（pie是馅饼）
After boasting that his company could outperform the industry's best, he's beenforced to eat humble pie.
11. sour grapes酸葡萄（指由于得不到而贬低某物，grape是葡萄）
I don't think it's such a great job - and that's not just sour grapes because Ididn't get it.
12. spill the beans泄露秘密（bean是豆类）
So who spilled the beans about her affair with David?