1. For the Palestinians, it implies settling for something less than full sovereignty.
2. The members of OPEC cannot agree on their production level.
3. In order for price liberation to be effective, the many checks and balances in the market economy must be operative as well.
Checks and balance: 相互制约
4. “The nuclear attack will take care of our defense and installations and the biological weapon will take care of people.” Macarthur said.
take care of：对付；杀死
5. The two-level price system provides opportunities for those who have power over allocating materials to profiteer from their position.
6. “The Americans realized that their job was far from over and they would like to give it a second shot.” one of experts said.
give a shot：给机会
7.With the current-account deficit likely to increase, market forces might be expected to push down the dollar further, cheapening exports and eventually raising the price of imports to prohibitive levels.
8. He（指卡扎菲）was smart enough to realize he needed to make friends……now, through the good offices of Tunisia and Algeria, he wants to reach out to the United States as well.
9. Andropov’s place in hospital has been taken by his former rival, Konstantin Cherninko, laid now with appendicitis.
10. High and low, you find people consumed with what they can steal.