- 状语从句：When I was young, I could play football.
- 介词结构：On Sunday morning, we go to school.
- 分词结构：Finishing my homework, Istart to watch TV.
- Sentenced to death, he went to prison.
- 独立主格：He finishing his homework, I start to watch TV
(with)+ n./pron. (不同于主干主语)+分词
- 副词：Surprisingly, he is still alive.
- 状语从句：I, when I was young, could play football.
- 介词结构：We, on sunday moring, go to school.
- 分词结构：I, finishing my homework, start to watch TV.
- 独立主格：I, he finishing his homework, start to watch TV.
- 副词：He, surprisingly, is still alive.
- 定语从句：Shanghai, which is a moving city is my home town.
- 名词结构：Shanghai, a moving city is my hometown.
- 状语从句 I could play football, when I was young.
- 介词结构：We go to school, on sunday morning.
- 分词结构：I start to watch TV, finishing my homework.
- 独立主格：I start to watch TV, he finishing his homework.
- 副词：He is still alive, surprisingly.
- 定语从句：I love Shanghai, which is a moving city.
- 名词结构：I love Shanghai, a moving city.
In the last half of the nineteenth, "capital" and "labour" were enlarging and perfecting their rival organisations on modern lines. Many an old firm was replaced by a limited liability company with a bureaucracy of salaried managers.
The change met the technical requirements of the new age by engaging a large professional elements and prevented the
that so commonly spoiled the fortunes of family firms
in the second and third generation after the energetic founders.
meet - met：过去式与过去分词一致时，要考虑到底是过去式还是分词。过去式作谓语表示一般过去时，过去分词作非谓语表示被动关系。
The railway companies, though still private
business managed for the benefit of shareholders, were very unlike old family business.
Such large, impersonal manipulation of capital and industry greatly increased the numbers and importance of shareholders as a class, an
in national life
detached from the land and the duties of the landowners; and almost equally
detachedfrom the responsible management of business.
like Bournemouth and Eastbourne sprang up to house large "comfortable"
who had retired on their incomes, and
who had no relation to the rest of the
that of drawing dividends and occasionally attending a shareholders' meeting to dictate their order to the management.
The "shareholders" as such had no knowledge of the lives, thoughts or needs of the
employed by the company in which he held shares, and his influence
on the relations of capital and labour was not good.
acting for the company was in more direct relation with the man and their demands, but even he had seldom that familiar personal
knowledge of the workmen which the employer had often had
under the more patriarchal .
system of the old family business now