Barakat N A, Kanjwal M A, Sheikh F A, et al. Spider-net within the N6, PVA and PU electrospun nanofiber mats using salt addition: novel strategy in the electrospinning process [J]. Polymer, 2009, 50(18): 4389-4396.
- Electrospun nanofibers are promising candidates in the nanotechnological applications due to theadvantages of the nanofibrous morphology. Therefore, many attempts were reported to modify theelectrospun mats to gain more beneficial properties.
- In the present study, we are introducing a strategyto synthesize electrospun polymeric nanofiber mats containing spider-net binding the main nanofibers.Addition with long stirring time of a metallic salt having tendency to ionize rather than formation of sol–gel in the host polymer solution reveals to synthesize a spider-net within the electrospun nanofibers ofthe utilized polymer.
- Nylon6, polyurethane and poly(vinyl alcohol) have been utilized; NaCl, KBr, CaCl2 and H2PtCl6 have been added to the polymeric solutions.
- In the case of nylon6 and poly(vinyl alcohol),addition of the inorganic salts resulted in the formation of multi-layers spider-network within theelectrospun nanofibers mats.
- The synthesized spider-nets were almost independent on the nature of thesalt; the optimum salt concentration was 1.5 wt%.
- The metallic acid led to form trivial spider-nets within both of nylon6 and poly(vinyl alcohol) nanofibers.
- In a case of polyurethane, few spider-nets wereformed after salt addition due to the low polarity of the utilized solvents.
- ethane, few spider-nets wereformed after salt addition due to the low polarity of the utilized solvents. According to TEM analysis, thesynthesized spider-net consisted of joints; the later issued from the main nanofibers at Taylor’s conezone. The spider-net improved the mechanical properties and the wetability of the nylon6 nanofibermats, accordingly a mat having amphiphilic feature has been prepared.
N6 22 wt%，甲酸/醋酸，4：1。盐：0.5，1，1.5，2 and 2.5 wt%。
溶解时间：0.5，3 and 24 h。20kv，15cm。
- NaCl, KBr, and CaCl2，1.5 wt%。many spider-net layers
- almost 15 nm in both salts
- 金属盐对N 6 影响不大
- 2.5 wt%盐浓度microballs微球
- 0.5 h没有蛛网，还能看到盐在纤维上。3h有一点蛛网，24h大量蛛网。对PVA
- 0.5 h有蛛网，但能看到盐。N 6化学溶解
- An internal modification of the polymeric electrospun nanofibermats can be achieved by addition of strong ionic salt to the polymer solution. Ionization of the salt in the polymer solution results in the formation of spider-net within the main nanofibers during the electrospinning process.
- The formed spider-net mainly depends on the ionization ability of the used salt.
- The spider-net affects the general properties of the electrospun mat.
- Finally, the obtained results indicated that the proposed strategy can be generalized to be applicable with many polymers especially those are soluble in polar solvents.