1. When considering salary and benefits, some of the lowest paying jobs are in the hospitality and beauty industries.
2. For example, food service workers and hair stylists generally have low salaries.
3. These kinds of jobs don't require much education or training.
4. But again, if you enjoy what you are doing, that may be good enough.
5. For example, you may really enjoy talking with your customers.
6. Spending your life doing something you dislike can be very unsatisfying, even if the salary is high.
7. Some of the highest paid professions include doctors, lawyers and scientists.
8. However, these professions require high levels of education and training.
9. The path to becoming a doctor, for example, is a long one.
10. Doctors require a university degree, several years in medical school and several more years of experience.
11. Only then are they certified as a medical doctor, or MD.
12. So it doesn't make sense to consider these professions unless you are willing to work hard for many years.
13. And of course, you should really care about doing the work well.