Benjamin Button's Letter to Daughter

Benjamin Button’s Letter to Daughter  本杰明.巴顿致女儿的一封信

From: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (Film) 选自电影:本杰明奇事

翻译:成蹊


We can make the best or the worst of it.I hope you make the best of it.

或一飞冲天,或随波逐流。最终自是清明最好。

There's no rules.

阅读翻译笔记  By 成蹊

For what it's worth:

人的一生应该这样度过:

It's never too late or, in my case, too early to be whoever you want to be.

于我而言,追寻自我,或早或晚,都恰逢其时。

There's no time limit. Stop whenever you want.

终其一生,驻留由心。

You can change or stay the same. There are no rules to this thing.

可百变生姿,亦可从一而终,无一定之规。

We can make the best or the worst of it.I hope you make the best of it.

或一飞冲天,或随波逐流,最终自是清明最好。

And I hope you see things that startle you.

大千世界无奇不有,终能处乱不惊。

I hope you feel things you never felt before.

人生百态五味杂陈,终能豁然开朗。

I hope you meet people with a different point of view.

千帆竞渡百舸争流,终能海纳百川。

I hope you live a life you're proud of.

人, 贵在自知自重,

If you find that you're not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again.

贵在穷且益坚亦不坠青云之志。


Plotof the Film(电影情节简介--成蹊按)

Benjamin Button 是The Curious Case of Benjamin Button<返老还童/本杰明奇事> (2008)这部影片中的男主人公的名字 。本杰明生下来就具有老人的生理特质并在逆生长。别人是从婴儿变成老人,而他的人生却反过来,越活越年轻。他被父亲遗弃在养老院中,和养母奎妮的女儿黛西一起长大。本杰明与黛西,两个人几经错过,终于在彼此人生交错的两个不同方向上,赶上了时间的脚步,生活在了一起。不久他们有了一个女儿。但本杰明却很清楚自己在逐渐变得年轻,不可能陪伴黛西和孩子。他变卖了父亲留给他的全部财产并将其留给了母女俩,在一个清晨悄然离去。本文摘录并翻译的是本杰明在离家之后寄给女儿的信中的一段话。


Background of the Film: 电影背景简介

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Curious_Case_of_Benjamin_Button_(film) 以下信息来自维基百科

From Wikpedia

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button is a 2008 American romantic fantasy drama film directed by David Fincher. The storyline by Eric Roth and Robin Swicord is loosely based on the 1922 short story of the same name by F. Scott Fitzgerald. The film stars Brad Pitt as a man who ages in reverse,Cate Blanchett as the love interest throughout his life, and Taraji P. Henson as the woman who raised him.

<返老还童/本杰明.巴顿奇事>是2008年一部由大卫·芬奇导演的美国浪漫奇幻戏剧性电影。 电影故事情节由Eric RothRobin Swicord在1922年F. Scott Fitzgerald的一部同名短篇小说的基础上进行了自由改编。布拉德.皮特出演逆生长的男主角本杰明;凯特·布兰切特出演和本杰明相爱相伴一生的女主角爱人黛西;塔拉吉·P·汉森出演养老院中抚养本杰明长大的女人奎妮。

The film was released in North America on December 25, 2008 to positive reviews. The film went on to receive thirteen Academy Award nominations, including Best Picture,Best Director for Fincher,Best Actor for Pitt and Best Supporting Actress for Taraji P. Henson, and won three, for Best Art Direction,Best Makeup, and Best Visual Effects.

这部电影在2008年12月25日的北美首映,获得了很多好评。收获了13项奥斯卡金像奖提名,包括最佳制片、芬奇的最佳导演、皮特的最佳男主角、汉森的最佳女配角等,最终斩获三项大奖:最佳艺术指导奖、最佳化妆奖和最佳视觉效果奖。


Tips of Pic. 图片简介 By 成蹊

本文的照片拍摄于浙江某古窑址。现场水雾弥漫,光影氤氲。目之所及是数不清的瓷片,随便哪一片,或隋唐、或五代、或明清。我在一丛绿叶的下面,看到了这样一叠未经烧制的残片。它青灰的瓷壁上已爬满暗绿的瘢痕,和脚下同样暗绿的一片苔藓呼应着,静默无声。我看着它,不是在博物馆管控森严的灯光下,不是在围观的汹涌澎拜的人群中,而是在这样一个通透旷达的天地之间,这是何等的幸运!我这样近距离地看它,一切似乎都没变,一切又似乎都在变,最终,这静静过去的时光,都可以称之为“历史”或者“文明”。人生,短短的几十年相对于这漫长的数千年,既是沧海桑田,也是石火电光。



推荐阅读更多精彩内容