3GPP：The Mobile Broadband Standard.
- Machine Type Communications @3GPP Rel 10
- BarrowBand 5g with LTE IoT 2016
- LTE IoT to Massive IoT 2017
- LTE IoT to Massive IoT 2018
- SA: Standalone, NSA: Non-Standalone
- 5G NR: New Radio.
- eMBB：Enhanced Mobile Broadband 增强移动宽带
Refer to using 5G as an evolution to 4G LTE mobile broadband services with faster connections, higher throughput, and more capacity.
The initial phase of 5G Non-Standalone (NSA) deployments focuses on eMBB, which provides greater data-bandwidth complemented by moderate latency improvements on both 5G NR and 4G LTE. This will help to develop today’s mobile broadband use cases such as emerging AR/VR media and applications, UltraHD or 360-degree streaming video and many more.
- URLLC：Ultra Reliable Low Latency Communications
refer to using the network for mission critical applications that requires uninterrupted and robust data exchange.
- mMTC：Massive Machine Type Communications 海量机器连接
refers to the type of usage that connect to large number of low power, low cost device in a wide area (LPWA) which have high requirements on scalability and increased battery lifetime.
- massive IoT?
at least 1M devices per km2.
simplest devices that communicate infrequently; ultra-energy efficient (10+ year battery life).
NB-IoT: Narrowband IoT. (M2M)
meters and sensors.
- eMTC: enhanced Machine Type Communication.
- ADAS：Advanced driver-assistance systems
AR / VR：
Augmented reality: an application of virtual reality in the real world. Mixed reality / hybrid reality / Computer-mediated reality.
OTN: Optical Transport Network
- IMS: IP Multimedia Subsystem